Supporting people who suffer with Alcohol And Drug Misuse in the Birmingham and surrounding areas
Few social issues impact so comprehensively on society as alcohol and substance misuse. Alarmingly, Adults and young people are increasingly misusing alcohol and illegal substances. This can have severe consequences for the Adult or young person and their family, and the community as a whole.
Consequences of alcohol and substance misuse range from;
- non-attendance, engagement and poor attainment at school
- poor health
- mental health issues
- risk of committing crime to support ‘habits’
- Increased risk of being a victim of violent crime, sexual exploitation and many more
Guardian Supported Living provides:
- Homes specifically for anyone from the age of 16 plus that are abusing alcohol and substances. Our homes provide 24 hours care and support services.
- Our homes and services provide a safe and confidential environment where Adult and young people can seek help, advice and support regarding alcohol and substance misuse.
- Support Adult & young people to engage in services in the community aimed at helping them overcome their alcohol and substance misuse.
- Working closely with Adult & young people closely to tackle the root cause of alcohol and substance misuse/underling issues and difficulties that are making them abuse drugs and alcohol.
- Practical life coaching, mentorship and Independence training.
- We support young people to re-engage with education, into apprenticeships, work experience and work.
- Depending on the package of support, Adult &Young people are offered a range of therapeutic interventions including one-to- one counselling, group-work sessions etc.
- Support in building self-confidence,self-esteem and making positive choices.